Words from Mike's Students


----------------------------------------------------
For someone that absolutely HATED science, physics and anything related to those subjects, Mike Farmer made it interesting and fun and exciting! Some days he was one of my worst nightmares - but most days he was one of those teachers I will never forget and will always remember in my heart with a smile.

I salute you, Mike Farmer, as I know that now you will most definitely find out all the mysteries of the universe....

Thank you for all you brought to my life!


Contributed by Susan (Black) Beam,   
Riverside High School Class of 1981

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was so blessed to have Dr. Farmer as a teacher.  Dr Farmer had such a joy about him that was so contagious. He was such a beloved man that impacted the lives of so many people. RIP to that sweet sweet man.

Contributed by Elizabeth Truell, 
a student of Mike's at the SC Governors School
(Elizabeth contributed a photo of her and Mike at her freshman prom.  You can view it in the scrapbook)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Getting the chance to sit in chemistry and physics class with him was an unexpected joy for a severe introvert who hadn't had the chance yet to fall in love with science before getting to SCGSAH (SC Governors School for the Arts and Humanities) in 2000. I hope you're wandering amongst the star stuff now Dr. Farmer - enjoy, and thank you for sharing your love of it all with all of us, science and life and fun.

Contributed by Emma



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I will never forget showing up to his final exam after spending the night at the Hospital while I was at Governors school. He took one look at me, said "What in the hell are you doing here?" then he promptly sent me back to my dorm room and allowed me to make up the exam later in the week. He was such a kind spirit and never hesitated to do everything in his power to make everyone around him feel welcome and at home. His influence as a teacher has certainly shaped my teaching today. What a loss indeed!

Contributed by Andrea White



-----------------------------------------
I can truly say Mike Farmer was one of my most memorable and challenging teachers.
He made Physics interesting and often fun. He made everyone in the class enter the science fair. I told him very clearly that should be strictly an extra credit affair! He laughed hard and promised to come up with an idea for a project that I could manage.
And he did! I never knew comparing surface tensions of different dish washing detergents could be fun! I think I even got an honorable mention! It was just an honor to know him as well as to be one of his students.

Contributed by Gina Brooks Cornick, Riverside HS 1978

No comments:

Post a Comment